Muslims all over the world are celebrating Ramadan; a 30 day festival wherein they fast from dawn to dusk. During this fast they can’t munch on any food nor can they gulp any drinks. Not even water. To make Iftar (the time when they break their fast) more satiating and to beat the heat we have listed down four ice cool recipes.
P.S: Read ahead only after breaking your fast. 😉
Recipe one : Bottle Gourd Punch
1 peeled and shredded bottle gourd
A bunch of mint leaves
Salt to taste
- After peeling and shredding the bottle gourd, boil it till it becomes soft. Drain excess water.
- In a mixer add mint leaves, sugar, salt and a bit of pepper powder and mix it until it all blends well.
- In a glass, pour the boiled bottle gourd, mint and sugar paste and fill it with Sprite. Garnish it with a slice of lemon!
Refreshing and tasty to plunge into at iftar.
Recipe 2 : Watermelon Punch
Watermelon cut into pieces
- Take the cut watermelon pieces and put them into a mixer grinder and mix it until it becomes a pulp.
- Now using a muslin cloth or a small-holed sieve, separate the slurry from the juice.
- Take mint leaves and cut them and add them in this watermelon juice.
- Put a juice of one whole lemon into this juice and refrigerate it.
- While serving pour in half of the watermelon juice and half Sprite and serve!
A refreshing drink for the summers.
Recipe 3 : Kacchi Keri Sharbet
Mint leaves for garnishing
- Peel and boil the kacchi keris till soft. Drain excessive water.
- Add cumin powder, rock salt and make a paste of the fruit pulp.
- Make sugar syrup and once it cools down add it to the paste and mix well.
- Pour this juice in a glass and add some fresh mint leaves to it.
Recipe 4 : Jaggery Juice aka Gol Pani
- Boil water in a vessel and add jaggery, stir till the jaggery melts completely.
- Now immerse the basil seeds in water and wait till they all pop. Drain excessive water.
- In a glass pour the jaggery syrup, add the popped basil seeds and top it with lime juice
At iftar gulp it chilled for immediate thirst relief.
Do try these recipes at home and leave your comments which one you liked the most. Happy Fasting and Feasting!